Thursday, July 17, 2014

Selling your house yourself

Many people look at selling your home themselves rather than hiring an agent.  Believe it or not, you can find an agent that will work with you to make that happen.  I'm one of them.  Selling your home yourself is a very tricky proposition.  You have to consider many factors; like marketing!  Putting a sign in the yard will cover those that drive in your neighborhood but, what about all the others that don't?  Ok, take an ad in the newspaper.  Not many folks are looking the the paper these days and you still have to pay for the ad.  Internet!  There are some sites that advertise but, your still paying for the membership and you have no guarantees to find buyers.

Now, say you have a buyer.  What do you disclose that's wrong with the house?  If you don't, you could get into some trouble later with the buyer should you close.  What about paperwork, contracts, addendums, closings.  The list goes on and on.  Truth is, you will get more money using an agent and less headaches, at less costs than if you did sell it on your own.  FSBO's (For Sale By Owner) can be successful and there are stories where the right buyer comes along but, odds are much less that you'll sell the home for the highest price in the shortest amount of time unless you use a real estate agent.  I enjoy working with folks like that though and don't mind if they were successful selling their house on their own.  I know I've helped someone along the way and that will come back to me someday.

If you would like to see some of the houses on the market in Springfield and surrounding area, go to our site; www.thebroadwayteam.com.  On the home page, enter the criteria you would want to look at, save your search and keep up to date on all the properties in the local market.  This can help you have a better idea what your house could be worth.  Now, you might ask, why in the WORLD would an agent put that information out to help someone sell their house on their own?  It's simple, I really love real estate and if I can help someone with information on their house, they will remember me and maybe refer me to someone that needs my help.  I realize not everyone wants a Realtor but, when you do, you'll hopefully think of US!  Thank you for taking the time to look at my blog and hope you have a terrific summer!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment